Site and ground
Tostarpsgårdens Lägerområde, Tyringe Sweden
PL 2883, SE-282 91 Tyringe www.tostarpsgarden.com
Site opens on Friday May 3 at 6 pm and closes at noon on Sunday May 12.
Responsible for the Site and Ground is Lord Bjaere af Lönnamo.
- Minimum space between each tent is 4 meters.
- It is advised that you mark the tent ropes with some fabric to prevent people from stumbling over them.
- No tents are allowed in the fire alleys marked by rope.
- No Pets are allowed on site.
- No cooking is allowed in the sleeping quarters
- Due to request of the landowner’s, fires on the ground or in pits are not allowed. However, there will be a prepared fireplace for mutual enjoyment.
- The medieval camp should have a strict medieval appearance outside the tents.
- Strict privacy applies to all tents and rooms. If not specially invited, please do not enter.
- There will be a lost-and-found spot at the troll.
- Some of us attending can’t keep up with the heavy party dudes. Please respect that and try to keep your exuberance to the tavern and close vicinity.
- One of the most burdening and distressing doings at Double Wars is the cleaning up. Not only during, but also afterwards. If you do not clean up your tent site or cot, we will bill you for this.
- Car parking is only allowed in marked areas.
- There is a smoking area behind the tavern next to the parking lot. This is the only place where smoking is allowed and please put the ashes and butts in the ashtray.
- Please do not practice combat outside the designated areas. If you for some reason need extra space, please contact the event marshal.
- Beyond the mentioned rules we will apply Swedish law and of course common sense.
- Be nice and respect each other, do unto others what you would like others do unto you.
- Please clean your sleeping and/or camping area before leaving the site. Everybody has to help cleaning the common areas.
What to do:
During the event there will be plenty if time to do something else instead of spending all ten days in the camp. Some examples are shown below and a list of these and other happenings are to be found at the troll.
- Hovdala castle – From the 1st of May Hovdala Castle is open for daily visits 11-17. Here you can have a meal at the restaurant or just a cup of coffee in the café. Guided tours in the castle costs 60 SEK – children under 12 years are free. All other dates you are welcome to experince the surroundings of the castle at no cost. Maximum ten minutes by car from the eventsite.
- Skeinge stronghold – A couple of miles north of the site there is a unique eight-squared stronghold, the only one in Scandinavia. Rubber boots are preferable. Approximately 42 kilometers from the eventsite.
- Gumlösa Church – The oldest building made of brick in the Nordic countries. It’s a church from the 12th century. Approximately 28km from the eventsite.
At the eventsite, make sure that you take a walk in the beautiful surroundings.