Arts & Science
Welcome to the A&S activities at Double Wars XXVIII!
The guest teacher this year (2015) was be Maistresse Mathilde Bouret. She lives in the The Barony of Dragonsspine, in the Outlands. Mathilde fits and sews 14th and 15th century clothes. For those that might not know who she is – you can find out more here: http://wp.bymymeasure.com.
If you have any questions, please send them to the A&S Co-ordinators Meisterinne Katheryn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mistress Lia (email@example.com)
The blank scroll competition has the following rules:
- The scroll has to be a blank and not be designated for a certain person. It may contain symbols of orders or awards.
- The scrolls will after the competition be given to either Their Majesties or Their Highnesses of Nordmark or Insulae Draconis. It is the scribe who made the blank scroll that decides where the scroll goes.
- If you have a short description of the scroll (like from where you got the inspiration, what century it is etc.) it is appriciated!
- Sign your scroll on the back and make sure to leave information to the person running the competition (Lia de Thornegge or Katheryn Hebenstreitz) to which crown you wish to donate the scroll. Make sure it is handed over before 2 pm on Wednesday.
- The competition had in 2015 3 prizes – Queen’s choice, Princess’ Choice and Populace choice, with the prizes donated by Mistress Bridget Greywulf.
Laurels Prize Display
On Wednesday the Laurels Prize Display took centre stage again, and artisans from the Kingdom had the opportunity to show their art, and talk about it in a non-competitive environment. Everyone is encourage to visit the display, and if you are able bring tokens to leave with all the artisans, or your favourites. This was the third time the Display was run, and we hope to see it returning next year as well.