Arts & Science
Welcome to the A&S activities at Double Wars XXVIII!
The guest teacher this year (2015) will be Mistress Matildis Bouret. She lives in the Barony of Dun Carraig in the Kingdom of Atlantia. Mathilde fits and sews 14th and 15th century clothes. For those that might not know who she is – you can find out more here: http://wp.bymymeasure.com. Stay tuned for more information about her classes.
Information about Classes at Double Wars XXVIII
This year we are accepting classes through the registration form as usual, please fill out the form, and leave any relevant information about when you can and can not teach.
The last day to sign up to teach is the 11th of April. A schedule will be published the 19th of April and the 26th of April the schedule will be finalized.
Link to class registration form: Please fill in all relevant information
If you have any questions, please send them to the A&S Co-ordinators Meisterinne Katheryn (email@example.com) or Mistress Lia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This year we will have the third ever Laurels’ Prize Display and the usual blank scroll competition.
The blank scroll competition has the following rules:
- The scroll has to be a blank and not be designated for a certain person. It may contain symbols of orders or awards.
- The scrolls will after the competition be given to either Their Majesties or Their Highnesses of Nordmark or Insulae Draconis. It is the scribe who made the blank scroll that decides where the scroll goes.
- If you have a short description of the scroll (like from where you got the inspiration, what century it is etc.) it is appriciated!
- Sign your scroll on the back and make sure to leave information to the person running the competition (Lia de Thornegge or Katheryn Hebenstreitz) to which crown you wish to donate the scroll.
- The competition has 2 prizes – Queen’s choice and Populace choice, with the prizes donated by Mistress Bridget Greywulf.
Information about the third Laurels’ Prize Display
On Wednesday afternoon (subject to confirmation) the Laurels’ Prize Display will take centre stage and the populace, that is you!, are encouraged to bring their projects, along with documentation and sit at your display to talk to everyone who comes by. The Laurels will be going around and looking at everything, chatting with you and giving you good feedback on your projects.
This is not a competition – but it can help you to prepare for a competition. For more information and some tips on how it will work, check out the Laurel page on the Kingdom website. http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/content/laurels-prize-display
Hovdala Display and Fashion show
There is also the opportunity to display your items to the general public during Hovdala – please see the information on the website and contact Emilia if you want to participate there.